Famous Quotes From A Christmas Story
Posted by LOTGK on December 23, 2010
One of the most popular Christmas holiday movies is the 1983 hit, A Christmas Story. Over the years it has become a cult classic as replica’s of the props from the movie have become sought after gifts for birthdays and Christmas. I have the leg lamp. Four of them in fact. Here is the full size exact replica Leg Lamp of mine.
The following are some Quirky and entertaining quotes from A Christmas Story. Enjoy and have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
* Ralphie To Santa: “I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!”
* Santa in response to Ralphie: “You’ll shoot your eye out.”
* Ralphie’s Old Man after he spies his prized leg lamp broken: “You used up all the glue on purpose!”
* Ralphie’s old man obviously proud in displaying his prize, the leg lamp: “It’s a Major Award!”
* Ralphie’s old man reading the wording on the crate his prized leg lamp arrived in: “Fra-gee-lay. That must be Italian.”
* Ralphie’s old man after seeing Ralphie in a full body fuzzy pink bunny costume: “He looks like a pink nightmare.”
* Ralphie’s old man after the neighbor’s dogs broke in and devoured the Christmas turkey: “Sons of bitches! Bumpuses!”
* Adult Ralphie Narrating: Adults loved to say things like that but kids knew better. We knew darn well it was always better not to get caught.
* Ralphie’s old man trying to muster up a come back after attempting to repair his broken leg lamp: “Not a finger.” (Notafinga)
* The Dog Dare: “Well I double-DOG-dare ya!
(Now it was serious. A double-dog-dare. What else was there but a Triple dare you? And then, the coup de grace of all dares, the sinister triple-dog-dare. Schwartz created a slight breach of etiquette by skipping the triple dare and going right for the throat! “I Triple Dog Dare You!”
* Schwartz: “Hey, smart ass. I asked my old man about sticking your tongue to a flagpole in the winter, and he says that it’ll freeze right to the pole, just like I told ya.”
* As Ralphie’s old man plugged in the Leg lamp: “The snap of a few sparks, a quick whiff of ozone, and the lamp blazed forth in unparalleled glory.”
Mr. Parker: “Oh, look at that! Will you look at that? Isn’t that glorious? It’s… it’s… it’s indescribably beautiful! It reminds me of the Fourth of July!”
Mr. Parker: (Unpacking his major award) “Would you look at that? Would you look at THAT?
Mother: What is it?
Mr. Parker: It’s a leg!
Mother: But what is it?
Mr. Parker: Well, it’s… A leg, you know, like a statue.
Mr. Parker: Yeah, statue.
Ralphie: Yeah, statue.
Ralphie as Adult: [narrating] My mother was trying to insinuate herself between us and the statue.”
* Mr. Parker: “Holy smokes. Do… Do you know what this is? This is… A lamp!”
I recommend you watch A Christmas Story at least once this holiday season. It will be worth it. You can catch it beginning at 8PM Friday, Christmas Eve, on the TBS Network.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL