Lost Update: Katy Lied
Posted by LOTGK on February 9, 2010
Lost Update – Season Six – 02/09/2010
I was halfway crucified
I was on the other side
Of no tomorrow
You walked in
And my life began again
Are you with me Doctor
Are you really just a shadow
Of the man that I once knew
She is lovely yes she’s sly
And you’re an ordinary guy
Has she finally got to you
Can you hear me Doctor
Kate, Kate, kate. No matter where or when she is, Kate is on the run. In her sideways flash tonight, Kate continues her escape by forcing the cabbie to drive away. She zig zags across the city driving a very pregnant Claire to the hospital after Claire’s baby adoptive parents balk due to the couple breaking up.
On the Lost island, Kate is running, escaping, even in tonight’s episode. And Kate’s running helps explain my Lost theory.
Just what is the Grassy Knoll Institutes Lost theory…. I’ve been waiting six years to tell you…..
Although it appears the survivors of Oceanic flight 815 are on a tropical island, they are being deceived. There is no island. The survivors are in a virtual reality laboratory. All the castaways are interconnected to one another sharing each others thoughts, memories, and feelings. While in this virtual reality laboratory, a battery of physical and mental experiments are performed on them. And who is running these experiments? As Juliet stated, the Aliens of course.
You see, Kate, on and off the island, was still part of the experiment, and through virtual reality, various scenario’s can be inputted to study how she reacts to her constant. In both realities, Kate is running.
Speaking of Claire. In her Side way flash, she meets the adoptive parents of her baby Aaron. The woman explains that she and her husband had broken up and that she couldn’t raise the baby on her own. Claire has complications and Kate takes her to the hospital. In both realities, Claire keeps Aaron.
Even professor Artz is the same on and off the island. He was a pain in the ass know it all at the airport as well as on the island.
And hey look, Ethan is alive taking care of Claire. He has more lives than a cat. (An Egyptian cat)
Something I found intriguing tonight involved Sayid. Sayid awakens from being dead, (Not mostly dead, but dead, dead) to the astonishment of the Losties. Dogan, (The leader of the Temple Others) has him brought in for questioning. (Interrogation) Sayid is strapped down, electrodes connected to him, and gray ash spread over him. A battery was cranked up and Sayid was shocked. He was then let go. He was told he was being tested, and he had passed. Doesn’t this sound exactly what happened to him when he happened upon Danielle, the French woman. She did the same thing. Perhaps testing him to see if he was turned, or claimed.
Tonight’s episode was slower than what I expected. With only a few more episodes to go, I was expecting more action, more answers, more moving toward the end game. Instead, we get the following tidbits.
* Dogan is the leader of the Temple Others. He dislikes to speak in the English language. He is afraid of Sayid, and all the Losties for that matter. Can someone say paranoid.
* Did you notice the interpreter, the guy wearing glasses, watched Jack very closely when he was drinking the tea Dogan offered him. I wonder why?
* What’s in the box? (Grinning) Sawyer digs up the floor board of his former cottage shared with Juliet and holds tightly onto s cloth taken from the box.
* Sawyer steals a gun, leaves the temple by force.
* Sayid is infected! Or as best translated, Claimed.
* Staying with Sayid. Let the speculation begin. here’s the first Sayid poll: After he rose from the dead, is Sayid now, Jacob, MIB, John Locke, Christian Sheppard, Boone, Charlie, or Sayid? And why?
* Jack chows the pill marked for Sayid. Dogan chokes Jack forcing him to spit it out. Dogan claims it was poison.
* Claire is a good shot. Was she claimed by Danille, the French woman?
* Why do the Temple others want the losties to stay inside the temple. What is the big deal if Sawyer leaves, and Kate, and Jin.
Episode 3 has aired and brought more questions than answers. At this rate, a 6 hour mini series will be needed to tie up all the loose ends after the series ends.
BTW: Lyrics by Steely Dan, off their Katy Lied album.
Until next week fans, Get Lost!
LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL