Posted by LOTGK on March 17, 2009
Ireland is known for more than Guinness beer and a parade in March where people wear green and get stinking drunk. (Well, not much more, but more nontheless) Below is a little trivia quiz on how well you know Ireland and it’s people.
* What 1951 film was shot on location in County Mayo and directed by John Ford? Answer: The Quiet Man.
* What lies on top of an Irish Coffee? Answer: Cream.
* What does the circle in the center of the Celtic cross represent? Answer: The sun.
* A traditional Irish stew contains which meat? Answer: Lamb.
* To make an Irish coffee , what alcohol ingredient would you use? Answer: Whiskey.
* What is Grafton Street most famous for? Answer: Shopping.
* Name the fairy that allegedly comes to certain Irish families to forewarn of death? Answer: The Banshee.
* What kind of food are crubeens? Answer: Pigs feet.
* What does ‘Erin Go Bragh’ mean? Answer: Ireland Forever.
* Boxty is what? Answer: An irish potato cake.
* During which years did the Irish Potato Famine take place? Answer: 1845-49
* Where do fairies who kidnap brides and babies keep them. Answer: In Fairy mounds for up to 100 years.
* What does the term paddy wagon mean? Answer: When the Irish men got arrested for being drunk, they would all claim that their name was Paddy, (A common name in Ireland) hence, the police brought the paddy wagon to bring them all in to jail.
* What ship building company built the titanic? Answer: Harland and Wolf.
LURKING, ERIN GOES BRALESS, ON THE GRASSY KNOLL